MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Joplin Office, 902 East 4th Street, Joplin, MO, 64801
Family Foster Care Specialist
The focus of this position is to work towards a safe and healthy environment for assigned clients where their primary needs are met, with the ultimate goal of permanency. All actions taken in this role are geared towards the best interest of the client and strengthening the family unit, through providing needed resources—all with a Christ-centered focus.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Case management for clients and parents
- Court hearings and Family Support Meetings
- Related administrative duties
Specific duties include:
- Assessing family’s strengths and needs
- Addressing identified needs and conducting investigations as appropriate
- Building rapport with parents
- Actively managing and resolving conflicts
- Visiting clients: assessing safety, general appropriateness and current needs
- Attending all court hearings and Family Support Team meetings, testifying to factual case progress
- Supervising visits between the child and child’s parents, siblings, grandparents
- Attending to child’s needs
- Documenting all case activity and maintaining data entry in the statewide FACES program
- Working towards the most appropriate permanency plan
- Attending and working at agency festivals and special events as necessary
- MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based Christian organization and candidates must share our beliefs, values, and ministry focus. Christian commitment and character.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Counseling, or related field
- 2 years' related experience (employment, volunteer, practicum/internship)
MBCH Children and Family Ministries offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.