MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Mt. Vernon - Hutchens Campus, 603 North Main, Mt. Vernon, MO, 65712
Youth Care Specialist
We are seeking a live-in Youth Care Specialist (YCS) for our Boys’ Transitional Living Program located on our campus in Mount Vernon, MO, near Springfield.
Youth Care Specialists ensure care for the emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of our clients and help them learn independent living skills in a safe and structured environment which they help to create by modeling Christian values at all times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Client Supervision
- Communication & Collaboration with team members and others
- Ensure client health & welfare needs are provided for & addressed – medical appointments, medications, health concerns, dietary/nutrition, etc.
- Provide/coordinate client transportation – school, job interviews, job/work, appointments, church activities, visits, recreational activities, etc.
- Ensure client educational needs are provided for & addressed including: school, independent living skills (cooking, cleaning, house maintenance, etc.), job readiness, money management, time management, etc.
- Ensure dietary needs are provided for – meal planning, shopping, meal preparation, etc.)
- Ensure client spiritual needs are provided for & addressed – lead in daily devotions, prayer, attend chapel services, church activities, etc.
- Administration functions - Documentation, reports, logs, meetings, etc.
- MBCHCFM is a faith-based Christian organization & candidates must share our faith, values, and ministry focus.
- Assurance of a Christ-centered life
- Bachelor’s degree in social services highly preferred (High School diploma required)
- Related experience highly preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Capacity to perform well in stressful situations
- Ability to work the live-in schedule (alternating weeks - 7 days on duty / 7 days off duty, 24/7)
- General computer skills
Note: The live-in schedule (7 days on / 7 days off, 24/7) is conducive to those applicants who do not live in the immediate area since the commute would be only once per week.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.