MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Other, None, Your City, MO, 00000
Family Resource Development Specialist
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is seeking a part-time FRD Specialist for the West Plains region.
The work performed by FRD Specialists includes:
- Preparing home studies resulting in a professional document which accurately describes strengths and weaknesses of clients.
- Conducting Foster/Adoptive Parent training and Relative/Kinship training resulting in participants who are properly informed about special needs children and who have a beginning knowledge of how to care for them
- Foster family recruitment and licensing maintenance
- Working towards permanency through private foster and/or adoptive work.
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based Christian organization and the person in this position must share our faith, values, and ministry focus.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, psychology, counseling or a closely rated field
- Two (2) years’ closely related experience
- STARS Train the Trainer highly desired
- Experience writing home studies highly desired
- Ability to travel throughout the state with occasional overnight travel
- Flexibility in work schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrable excellent relationship-building skills
- Demonstrable excellent writing and organizational skills