In the Beginning
Missouri Baptist Children's Home began in a rented residence of 12 rooms at 2651 Morgan Street, St. Louis, in April, 1886. In May, 1887, a permanent location for the Home was purchased at 1906 Lafayette Avenue in St. Louis. This building was occupied until 1907 when the Home was moved to "Pattonville" Missouri in west St. Louis County. This community is now called "Bridgeton."