Missouri Baptist Childrens Home
You Are...Who God says you are!
“Blessed” Woman Event
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is excited to offer our first “Blessed” Woman (for developmentally disabled women) Event. Our first event is being offered to those in the Springfield, MO area where seating is limited to the first 40 registered.
Theme: YOU ARE…who God says you are!
Date: June 8, 2019 (Saturday)
Time: 9:45 am to 3:00 pm
Location: The Branches at Brookline | 2410 S. Farm Road 107 | Springfield, MO
This beautiful facility is located on 35 acres and the event will be held in the recreational building called “The Barn” as well as within the home itself. This home is equipped to support 7 adults with developmental disabilities.
This is a special event retreat designed especially for our “blessed” ladies and their sponsor in the Springfield Area! The day will include uplifting and encouraging sessions focused on who God says we are! Crafts, manicures, morning tea, fun summer decorations and lunch will make up the schedule of our day together!
Reservations are required and must be made by June 3, 2019 (Monday)
Cost: Two for $15 (includes “blessed” woman and her sponsor)
Who should attend this retreat? “Blessed” Women and their Sponsor.
This retreat is for “Blessed” women who have a developmental disability. The retreat is designed with a lot of fun activities happening in an organized fashion. For that reason, each “Blessed” woman will need to be accompanied by a “Sponsor.” The sponsor can be their legal guardian, staff or parent.
The retreat is designed for “Blessed” women who:
- Can actively participate with minimal assistance from their sponsor.
- Are comfortable in crowds not bothered by loud noises.
- Would be willing to participate in the activities of the retreat throughout the day.
- Are capable of self-care of personal needs with minimal help and supervision from their sponsor.
If a “Blessed” woman has medical needs requiring skilled nursing care during the event, they must have their own skilled nurse accompany them throughout the event.
The Sponsors responsibility:
- Will accompany their “Blessed” woman at all times thought-out the day.
- The “Sponsor” will administer any medications needed through-out the day, including any emergency medications potentially required.
For more information or for consideration for another similar event like this one in the future, please contact our Women’s Ministry Specialist and Church Engagement Catalyst, Wanda Shellenbarger at 417.529.0724 or at Wanda.Shellenbarger @mbch.org.